Postdoctoral Fellowship: Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics in Epigenetics Research
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Southern Denmark invites applications for a position as a postdoctoral research fellow within the field of epigenetics and functional proteomics to be filled by 1 August 2012 or soon thereafter.
The research project encompasses the development and application of mass spectrometry and proteomics technologies to study post translational modifications of proteins involved in epigenetic events and chromatin dynamics in the context of stem cell development and cancer. The project is part of the Centre-of-Excellence in Epigenetics funded by the Danish National Research Foundation http://epigenetics.ku.dk/.
Highly creative, outstanding individuals with a PhD degree in biochemistry, cell biology or a related field are sought, with the following qualifications:
• Demonstrated ability to do high quality research in protein biochemistry, mass spectrometry and proteomics, including gel-free proteomics
• A track record of publication in high quality international journals.
• Ability to work in a team, yet think independently.
• Expertise in affinity-enrichment techniques, computational biology or bioinformatics is preferable, but not a requirement.
The successful candidate will pursue independent projects and also supervise a small team of younger researchers within the Centre-of-Excellence in Epigenetics. Leadership skills are highly valued.
Place of work: Protein Research Group (Professor Ole N. Jensen), Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark (www.sdu.dk/bmb). The Protein Research Group offers a strong international research environment in protein chemistry, biomolecular mass spectrometry, and functional proteomics. The position is for two years’ duration.
Further details: Professor Ole Nørregaard Jensen, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Ansøgning, løn og ansættelsesforhold mv.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
Application must be made in the form of a Declaration of Interest and must include the following documents:
1. Motivated letter of application, including details on qualifications within subject area (max. two pages).
2. Curriculum vitae, including information on previous employment, list of analytical techniques mastered by the applicant, teaching experience
3. A list of publications stating the scientific publication on which the applicant wishes to rely.
4. Recommendation letter from previous employment.
The University encourages all interested persons to apply, regardless of age, gender, religious affiliation, or ethnic background.
Please send the application, marked "job ID 12316", including enclosures by e-mail (in Adobe PDF format alternatively Word 2003 or newer format) to email@example.com.
Application deadline is 2 July, 2012 at 12 o’clock noon.
Ansøgningsfrist: 2. juli 2012 kl. 12:00
Ansøgning mærket Stilling nr. 12316 sendes til:
Please see above.