Ledige stillinger / Vacant Positions
Pr. 15 april oplås alle stillinger i vores nye rekrutteringssystem.
Se vores ledige stillinger.
Derudover har vi enkelte stillinger i vores gamle system.
Vores gamle stillingsside nedlægges,
når ansøgningsfristen på de aktive stillinger er udløbet.
/ As of April 15, 2013 all our vacancies are posted in our new system.
vacancies at SDU.
For a short period of time you can still find vacancies on our
old vacant positions website.
This website will be closed down when the last vacancy expires.
PhD Scholarships in Biodemography
SDU - Odense
PhD Scholarships in Biodemography
The University of Southern Denmark plans to open a new Centre for Biodemography in Odense on 1 January 2013 provided that matching funding can be found. Conditional on funding, 18 researchers may be recruited - nine associated with the Institute of Biology and the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the Faculty of Science and nine (including Professor James W. Vaupel, who would be the director of the centre) with the Institute of Public Health at the Faculty of Health Sciences. All researchers should have substantial knowledge of demography as well as either biology or statistical methods.
• Two PhD students to do research on one of the following topics in biodemography: (1) comparative analysis of male-female differences in age-patterns of mortality and fertility, (2) age-patterns of mortality and fertility in fish, (3) age-patterns of mortality and fertility in marine filter-feeders such as jellyfish, (4) the demography of species extinction, (5) paleobiodemographic estimation of age-patterns of fertility and mortality of species living in the distant past, (6) when and why senescence (increasing mortality and declining fertility with age) evolved among aquatic invertebrates or (7) how extant aquatic invertebrates survived the Permian Extinction and other major extinction events. The applicants should indicate the topic(s) of interest in the application.
The University reserves the right to not fill one or more of the positions described above or to postpone recruitment to a date after 1 January 2013.
If you are interested in applying for one of the positions, please contact Professor James W. Vaupel at email@example.com.
|Application, salary, etc.:
Appointment as a PhD Research Fellow is for three years. Employment stops automatically at the end of the period. The holder of the scholarship is not allowed to have other paid employment during the three-year period.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement of 1 October 2008 on salaried PhD scholars between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
The successful candidate will be enrolled at this university in accordance with faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order).
The university encourages all persons interested in the position to apply, regardless of their age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background.
Application must be made in the form of a Declaration of Interest including the following:
• A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages)
• Detailed CV, including personal contact information
• Copy of diploma including transcript of notes
• At least two signed reference letters
All applications should be marked: “Job ID 123033”.
Further information about the PhD-study can be found at the homepage of the University.
Applications must be forwarded by e-mail (in Adobe PDF format alternatively Word 2003 or newer format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will neither be considered nor evaluated. This also applies to reference letters.
Closing date 3 September, 2012 at 12 noon
Mark application Job ID 123033 and send it to:
Please see above.
Ansvarlig vedr. indholdet på disse sider: Personalekontoret